Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

2.08.2008

Doctors Visit

The girls have been quite sick with colds for the past while.

Amaya had a cough and wasn't eating or sleeping through the night... pretty much all of January. Kiara never got it and continued to be my little healthy happy baby until Saturday last week.

On Saturday night Kiara got a fever, runny nose, eyes and a real deep cough. We called the 'hotline' at 3am on Saturday night as Kiara had a fever of 101.9. After alot of questions we established that they didn't need to go to the Doctor. We got her fever down and thankfully didn't have to take her to emergency in Yorkton (there are not 24 hour clincs there). Amaya caught the cold a few day's later. So yeah - it's been a rough year so far and an extremly rough week.

It got to the point this past week - that I was up with one or both of the girls constantly in the night and could not nap as they weren't on the same napping schedule. I have also been feeling pretty awful. So - we decided to go to Saskatoon! The girls needed their 5 month checkup and we were able to get an appointment for this past Friday. The Doctor has checked them out fully and even though they are very sick and uncomfortable - there is nothing to be concerned about yet.


It has been so comforting to be around my Mom. To see her to hold them and comfort them, as she used to comfort me - brings me comfort. It is nice to hear that my concerns aren't in vain and at the same time it's really great to know that there really isn't anything major to be worried about.

The Results of the 5 month checkup:


Amaya is 14 lbs 6oz
and
Kiara is a whopping 16lbs 11oz.

Yes - Kiara is a full 2 lbs heavier.

They are both the same length at 26 1/2 inches long or 67cm.

Amaya is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 80th for height.
Kiara is in the 75th percentile for weight and 80th for height.

Thank you for thinking of me this past week - I had been updating a bit on Facebook. It was difficult - but somehow God gave me the energy to get up each night with the girls - and even without sleep - He gave me rest.


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

WOW!! I can't believe how much Kiara looks like you Crystal and Amaya looks so much like Jon. Crazy that twins can look so much different and yet, so much the same :) They're absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Kiara & Amaya

Kiara & Amaya
Here are my beautiful Girls!! They are exactly 6 months old here... and looking super cute!!