Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

7.26.2006

Friends

I just wanted to post and let you all know that I have a home again!
- I am living with my dear friend Andrea.

I don't know if I told any of you.. but the reason I got myself into the situation in my previous post was because Jon & I needed to cut down on our monthly expenses.

We started looking for a cheaper place to live.

In the middle of that search we went out for breakfast with our good friends Darren & Andrea. We told them about our plans to move and they proceeded to tell us that there were some big changes going on with them too. Andrea would be going to school in Calgary for the next year starting in September. We made arrangements to go and see their new house after breakfast and by the time we arrived at their house they had a proposition for us.

They asked Jon & I if we would like to move into their house and live with Darren for the time that Andrea was away. We said yes, and really felt that God had his hand in the situation.

Financially it was perfect for us and we knew it would ease their situation as well. We know without a doubt that his hand was there now because of the changes that have happened in both of our lives.

Due to a turn of events - Darren will now be living in Calgary as well for the next year or so, and Jon & I have a house to live in! God is so amazing! We did have to get a roommate... his name is Devon and he is a really cool guy whom we respect and love dearly!

With the plan to move into their house set for September - Jon moved to Saskatoon for the summer to work for the CFIA. That left me alone in our apartment, and left both of us wondering if there was a way for us to save money in the summer months. At the time we thought it would be a great idea for me to move in with a friend for a couple of months so that we could catch up on our bills.

That unfortunately, as you read below, didn't turn out so well!

So... I am living now with a friend named Andrea, in the home that Jon & I will be living in come fall! It was never the plan for me to move in this early, but it sure feels good to have a home again!

I am still left with questions though...
should I have just stayed where I was in our apartment?
was I worrying about money too much - instead of letting God provide?
was it MY plan to move in with a friend?
what really happened?
did I show Christ in my actions?
will we ever be friends again? ...

Despite my questions, God has given me assurance regarding that situation
- and I know that it was a life lesson well learned.
I also know that Jon & I will look back on this story in the future and draw a lot of wisdom from it. God is present in our life. We see His hand & we know what He has called us to - & we rejoice in it!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Kiara & Amaya

Kiara & Amaya
Here are my beautiful Girls!! They are exactly 6 months old here... and looking super cute!!