Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

7.13.2006

you have half an hour...

You know, I never thought that I would be in the position to hear someone say the words to me "You have half an hour to get out or I'll call the cops!". I mean you try and live you life in such a way that you don't end up in those situations right?!? Well two weeks ago today those words were spoken to me, in front of my sister Ann, in the house where I had been living. The person who said those words to me will remain nameless. The purpose of this blog is not to place blame, but to give you a glimpse into my life these days. So my half hour was up and I am standing on the street with all of my belongings stuffed into our cars and it hit me. I no longer had a home.
In the midst of that extreme situation I realized then, as I realize now
- God is and has always been there to take care of me.

Jon & I wrote a song together a few years ago and it has resounded in my heart through this whole situation. It's called 'You Take Care Of Me', and here are the lyrics:

You Take Care Of Me
©Jon Tieszen 2002


his eyes look to the east, he knows his love will meet him there
the band moves on and he stands alone, he’ll see the best to come

Chorus
and I see where I am now
it’s clear somehow
you take care of me
and as the years go by
the past will cry
you take care of me


he roused from work to take the call she said we now have a home
we look to see what’s yet to come, I pace my mind to ease

Chorus
and I see where I am now
it’s clear somehow
you take care of me
and as the years go by
the past will cry
you take care of me


I’m trying my best - I do what I can
but when it’s time you will show me the way

Chorus
and I see where I am now
it’s clear somehow
you take care of me
and as the years go by
the past will cry
you take care of me


©Jon Tieszen 2002

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Crystal! what the heck??? i am so sorry that this happened to you ... but i know God will take care of you...please keep us updated.

Jadon said...

Hopefully things are okay for you and Jon by now.

BTW, I like the upgrade to the blog!

karina said...

hi crystal. i wish i could be there to give you a big hug. hope you're doing ok. love you.

Crystal said...

Thanks you guy's! You are so sweet. You are right God is in control & He is taking care of me. I just need to keep claiming God as my defender and understand that in the end the truth is the only thing that matters! It means alot to know that you still care!
Crystal

Jamie said...

Hey, Crystal - thanks for your comments on my blog. It was good to hear from you! I'm sorry that you and Jon have to be apart for the summer and also sorry about the whole living situation... But you guys look great and I love the filmloop of pics at the top of your blog!

Kiara & Amaya

Kiara & Amaya
Here are my beautiful Girls!! They are exactly 6 months old here... and looking super cute!!