Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

7.30.2006

Sunday Night In Regina

Sunday nights are the WORST part of my week. Sunday night is when I either have to watch Jon drive away from me or watch Jon get smaller in my rear-view mirror as I drive away from him. I know that tomorrow I will get on with my week and I will be fine, but right now let's just say that Sunday's are not fun.

As much as I miss Jon right now - there are some good things going on in my life. I am expecting to hear from my friend Sheila Falk (nee Epp) as she is probably about to have her first child any second, if she hadn't had it already! I get to see Lisa Loeppky(nee Laxdal) next weekend and meet the newest addition to her growing family. AND I now live here:
This house is beautiful. These pictures were taken before the renovation, but until I get a digital camera - you'll just have to trust me that it's beautiful!

It feels like I have a home again!

There have been some really good benefits to our separation this summer. First, I look forward to weekends unlike ever before! It's kind of fun to have a wild fling every now and then. We make the most of our time together - and I get that excited, butterflies in my stomach feeling when I think about him - and how blessed I am to be married to such a hottie. Second, our conversation revolves around the future, our hopes and dreams instead of the everyday run of the mill type stuff. AND - those little things that used to bug me - aren't nearly as important as spending every happy moment I can with him. Our marriage is stronger than it has every been. We have a renewed sense of God's purpose for our union. It's funny, because even though we knew that this time in Regina and Jon's getting his education was apart of God's plan for us... in the midst of it I almost forgot. With just one year left to go I am really starting to get excited. It's like a book that you can't put down. You just can't wait to finish the chapter you are on so that you can get to the next one. That is how I feel! I can't wait to start the next chapter of our life together. I cannot tell you where we will be living one year from now, anything could happen when he graduates. As much as I want to worry and fret about that - I simply can't let myself - because the confidence that God has a job for Jon and a home for our family is too strong! It doesn't matter where we live - because we will have each other. Who knows what else we will have a year from now. I hope that you will continue to check my blog - I know that it has been a little depressing to read this summer - but I also know that this next year is going to be a year of God's fulfilled promises. I really enjoy reading your blog's and getting acquainted with your new family members and God's faithfulness in your life. I can only hope that this blog will give you a glimpse into our life and encourage you. May the words of these pages shout "He is faithful."

1 comment:

andrew + camille said...

crystal i don't know you (am a friend of Janelle Loewen's) but i notcied a familiar name on your post and decided to leave a comment and not be a lurker! Lisa Loeppky...I know her!! Haven't seen her in ages but went to church with her and her family in Yorkton about 8 years ago. How many kids do they have now? Can you post some pics?? Thanks for the update and congrats on the 16 lbs!!!

Kiara & Amaya

Kiara & Amaya
Here are my beautiful Girls!! They are exactly 6 months old here... and looking super cute!!